My first post on my not-another-mommy-blog blog. Here you will NOT find pictures of perfectly dressed kids, award-winning chef-quality dishes, or delicately manicured gardens.
Simply because that is not real life (although we like to believe it is).
The ‘perfect mommy blog’ illusion is exposed and we come to the realization that no, we cannot have it all perfect if we want to live simply.
“Less is more” is the rule of thumb and the only way to de-clutter your mind from so many distractions and ‘things’ that fight for our attention.
This is my personal journey into learning to live a simple, wholesome life that, is not only fulfilling, but purposeful. I’m not there yet, by ANY means. But will you join me? Let’s lift each other up and get there together…one step at a time.
What will I be sharing on my blog?
- Easy to make, simple recipes (and hopefully mostly healthy. I’m a Paleo diet enthusiast who cheats a whole lot!)
- Natural home remedies that have worked for my family for common ailments.
- A lot about my love for essential oils and how they changed my life.
- Life inspiration and encouragement (not that you need any; just to remind myself to stay thankful. :))
- Simple crafts for any time you find some free time. Crafts are a great anxiety remedy and I should do more of it!
- Family matters, staying balanced, and living on purpose.
So who am I anyways?
- I am a Christian thankful for God’s grace everyday.
- I am a wife and mother of two beautiful children.
- I am a marketing professional and run a successful agency, Invento Marketing.
- I am a homeschooling mom, currently teaching my second grader and kindergartener.
- I struggle everyday looking for balance in my life.
For that last bullet point, I created this blog. I want to look back a few years from now and see what I have done and overcome. I want to, then, be able to thank God for what He continue to bring me through. This blog serves as a collection of memories that will prove that yes, I can live a simple, wholesome life, and so can you.
I would love to hear from you! Feel free to comment on my posts, whether you agree with me or not. Let’s make this a free speech platform for all the guys and gals out there who want to join me in this journey. I look forward to ‘meeting’ you!